Sign in or
World Simulation Preparations Fall 2008
|Assigned to: ||Task:|
|everybody||place posters in proper locations|
|Katie Nick||secure posters|
|Katie Nick||make flag holders (use notecard and tape) Test them as you make them.|
|Leschia, K'La||Distribute materials (boxes and bags to each culture area)|
|Nick, Frankie||Draw Power Circles (about 3 feet in diameter, clearly marked, and obviously near culture)|
|Leschia, K'La||Distribute a set of rules to each culture|
|Leschia, K'La||Distribute Schedule to each culture|
|Leschia, Frankie||Give colonizers extra sets of special colonizer rules|
|everybody||Check materials of non-colonizers (see materials checklist)|
|Hillary, Autumn, and Evan||Check materials of colonizers (see materials checklist)|
|everybody||Check proper amount of hard power (playing cards) in envelope one|
|Create a “Natural Resources Expended” bin for each colonizer.|
|Zia and Wesch||Test Sound System|
|Wesch||Place World Simulation News Banner in front of the “news desk”|
|everybody talk to your own culture||Coach non-colonizers as they arrive:|
|Evan, Hillary, Autumn, and Wesch||Coach colonizers as they arrive:|
8:15 – Begin arriving, check out the world and your materials.
8:30 – Get in character
8:31 – Begin Round One
8:43 – Take Account Time
8:46 – News (Fruit Loops Commercial)
8:49 – Begin Round Two
9:00 – Take Account Time
9:03 – News (Cocoa Puffs Commercial)
9:06 – Begin Round Three
9:16 – Take Account Time
9:18 – Closing Announcement for Day One
- Place all materials from any single location into one box or bag so they can be returned where they were left. Each geographic location should have its own bag containing the stuff that was left there. (Take responsibility for your own cultures)
- Get at least a rough count of the total wealth produced by each colonizer, so we can update the score for them.
- Note precisely who has taken over who.
- We will leave all materials on the upper deck of Weber.
8:15 – Begin Arriving
8:30 – Get back in character and back in place
8:31 – News (to get us back in character)
8:34 – Begin Round Four
8:50 – Take Account Time
8:54 – News (Natural Resources Commercial)
8:57 – Begin Round Five
9:13 – END – Take account time and Reflection
9:16 – Final News
9:20 TA's Clean Up (we only have 10 minutes to get out of Weber)
Students are welcome to stay to discuss simulation, help count the final score, etc.
- Gather all colonizer materials and put them in a box. We will take them back to Waters to count them. (Evan, Hillary, and Autumn get your own cultures)
- Get all culture bags with all materials (K'La & ...) (need 2 people)
- Get posters (2 people)
- Remove flag holders (2 people)
- Zia & anybody done help with sound system.
- Take everything back to Waters for counting.
- I need to leave at 10:30 for Washington DC, so we will have to move fast.
Latest page update: made by mwesch
, Dec 17 2009, 12:26 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: World Simulation
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|anthroacoustic||Do you need help Leschia?||1||Nov 16 2008, 9:41 PM EST by leschia|
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page